Zenvo Automotive, or Zenvo as some may know of it, is back with another iteration of their mid-engined hypercar. As a reminder, Zenvo is the Danish carmaker whose orange car (the ST1) caught fire when first tested on BBC Top Gear many years ago. The company had two models – the TS1 GT and the track-only TSR…until now. Meet the latest version – the TSR-S.

The new Zenvo TSR-S is a street legal version of the hardcore TSR, so yes, the ‘S’ stands for street. It still has their in-house 5.0-litre V8 flatplane, rev-happy engine with TWIN superchargers to produce a whopping 1,177bhp, sending it all to the rear wheels. It can do 0-100kph in 2.8 seconds and will top out at an electronically limited 325kph, so no shortage of speed in this tamed version of the TSR. The TSR-S has an all carbon fibre body with a lightweight chassis and racing steel sub-frames. Zenvo tried hard to get it close to an ideal weight distribution, which in this case is 53% in the front and the rest 47% at the back. It rides low at 95mm clearance but has ride height adjustment that raises it to 145mm to clear bumps and kerbs. The TSR-S also has two different gearbox setting for its 7-speed paddle shift box to switch between standard and race.

But the thing that makes the TSR-S stand out from the incredible lineup at the Geneva Auto Show is it’s trick rear-wing. It’s taken the wing game to an entirely different level with this one. Say hello to the new Centripetal Wing.

This new wing has two rotational axles allowing it to act as both an air break and a cornering stabilizer for distributing downforce to deliver the perfect amount of cornering grip at any speed. For example, if you turn right, the right side of the wing will tilt to propel it to the inside of the corner for an insane amount of grip and confidence-inspiring stability. That’s the gist of how Zenvo’s Founder and Chief Technical Officer, Troels Vollersten, explained it. Now that’s an ACTIVE rear wing!

Other developments on the TSR-S’ aerodynamic package include a new front splitter, updated front bumper and front wheel housing outlets, and a new diffuser at the back. There’s also an LMP1 inspired air scoop on the roof along with the scoops on the bonnet for managing drag and directing cooling air to the engine.

ZENVO_TSRs_Detail_Scoop

The Zenvo TSR-S is a usable hypercar too with three clever modes – Minimum (700bhp), IQ (self-adjusting power and traction for the road) and Maximum (1,177bhp). In the road setting of the gearbox, it functions electronically to adjust the gear changes to make them less violent for everyday use.

In terms of design, it’s a very good looking hypercar with its aggressive angles, muscular stance, big air ducts and chilling headlights. It’s still a road-legal version of a track car so weight saving is a priority and in the ultimate config you can have one without a sound system, no sat nav, no air con, no airbags and mechanically operated seats. But, clients can spec it any way they like it, which will be few, with a total of 5 cars allocated annually. That makes the Zenvo a rare beast indeed, even among the extremely rich petrol head clubs.

What do you think of the Zenvo TSR-S and it’s Centripetal Wing? Is it cooler than the wing on the McLaren Senna or the Honda NSX GT3 car? Share your thoughts in the comments below the gallery and subscribe for the latest news on the coolest cars.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s